Thursday, May 31, 2012

Coron Revisited

Coron is a town located in the northern part of Palawan in Busuanga Island. It is popularly known as a haven for divers.  Sunken Japanese warships off Coron Island are listed in Forbes Traveler Magazine’s top 10 best scuba diving sites in the world. 


It is my 2nd time in Coron. The last time I came here was over 7 years ago (can't remember the date exactly). At that time, I wasnt able to explore Coron. We stayed at Sea Dive Resort & visited Calauit Island. Now at my 2nd visit, not much have changed in Coron. Rough roads still exist & there are a lot of newly built commercial establishments due to the influx of tourists visiting the town. It was still the same Coron I knew back then, rustic & outback in nature.


Let me share the enchanting beauty of Coron through my lens...Enjoy!





Giraffes @ Calauit Island Safari Park


Mount Tapyas, gives you a 360 view of Coron Island



Sandbar @ Malcapuya Island


Beachfront @ Banana Island


Banana Island Sandbar


The town of Coron overlooking from Carbon Island


I was seated near the window overlooking the plane propeller


more to come...will update soon! :)

**Updated : June 5, 2012



 

Date of Trip: May 28-31, 2012
Airline: Cebu Pacific
Acommodations: Coron Village Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment